Friday, October 15, 2010

on the Rise

Seriously, what the hells going on over at the New York Jets offices?  The lovely pictured below is Ines Saenz, and she too worked for the Jets, and had players oogling after her.  That's not a surprise now, IS IT? 


I'm sitting on 147,147g.  The patch brought a wave of people that wanted glyphs.  Those that were prepared raked in mega amounts of gold.  I like to think I was one of them.  Of course, seeing the opportunity, a lot of people that never dabbled in the glyph market have come out to try and get a slice of that pie.  I think that its cute that they will post their wares at 15 - 20g, thinking they're going make all the gold in the world before someone buys out mine at 100g. 

They're scratching for scraps.  They can sell 5 at 20g before peeps start buying my 5 at 100g.  And mine WILL sell at 100g.  And I might raise my fallback.  I don't think the market is going to survive.  Guild members will make glyphs for those that do not want to buy 100g glyphs.  So they hit up the AH, and look for Northrend herbs.  And find out that there aren't any. 

Between the people LF Scribe to avoid paying AH rates, and the Johnny Come Latelys that are itching to start making some serious profits, the AH Herb Market is DRY.  Flower Pickers can get away with selling stacks of Adder's Tounge for 40g. Last week they were lucky to sell a stack for 8g.  I predict that anyone farming Northrend herbs stands to make a very nice chunk of change between now and Cataclysm. 

Once Cata drops, the ink trader will no longer trade away your Inks of the Sea, which is what is currently used to make all the glyphs on the market.  At that point, I think it will be about a good month before a grand amount of herbs start showing up and scribes start mass producing glyphs.  I can easily see all the Johnnys running out of stock, running out of mats, and giving up.  Meanwhile, those that are well prepared can start creeping the prices even higher, as new goblins, tauren paladins, undead hunters, and blood elf warriors also start wanting glyphs. 

I don't mind having a threshold of 30g, being undercut to 12g, and getting my stock back in my box.  I know that eventually, that glyphs going to sell around 100g.  Enjoy the scraps, Johnny.




No comments:

Post a Comment